Swar Studio is a DAW with effects and virtual instruments designed for making India/Bollywood music.
It includes western instruments but it specializes on Indian music creation. Swar Studio is designed to easily reproduce Bollywood hits and classics and you can also create your own Indian music from scratch.
- Fully featured, cost-effective DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
- Audio tracks for recording or dragging audio loops
- Instrument tracks for recording from keyboard or dragging MIDI loops
- 36 in-built virtual instruments
- Library panel with hundreds of included MIDI loops
- VST and Audio Unit effects
- Piano Roll editor for MIDI loops
- Link to external tools
- Drag loops directly from SwarShala or Swar Librarian
- Export to audio or MIDI files
- Windows and Mac OS X
- Free future updates
Built-in virtual instruments: Accordion, Bansuri, Bass, Bells, Brass Section, Brightness, Cello, Chimta, Choir Aahs, Clean Guitar, Dhol, Dholak, Drums, Duff, Duggis, Dulcimer, Electric Bass, Electric Guitar, Ghatam, Guitar, Gunghroo, Harmonium, Lead Synth, Manjeera, Piano, Santoor, Sarod, Saxophone, Sitar, Slap Bass, Slow Strings, Strings Ensemble, Synth Pad, Tabla, Tambourines, Tanpura, Trumpet, Tumbi, Vibraphone, Violin, Whistle.
Changes in v2.0.2
- Added option to export as a compressed file, reducing any audio data size by 10 with minimal audio loss
- MIDI Editor: area (rectangle) selection now includes all notes intersecting with it, not necessarily fully included
- MIDI Editor: added snap to 1/32
- Smoother audio recording
- Audio Editor: Volume Change up/down buttons were not working
- Audio Properties : new Additional Latency field to sync audio recording with song on audio drivers with bad latency.
- Various bugs corrected
- Requires a new Product Key
Changes in v2
- 5 New instruments – Dulcimer, Slow Strings, Whistle, Lead Synth and Synth pad
- Enhanced exisiting instruments
- New audio and MIDI loops
- New Audio Editor
- Improved user manual
- Full undo/redo feature
- MP3 export
Changes in v1.2.4
- Bugfix for Track controls (left) pane was not getting increased past a certain number of tracks.
- Repeat function now reuses the same underlying loop and added for audio loops.
- Bugfix for Export to wave was not always on sync between audio and MIDI tracks.
- You can now reposition the audition cursor of Loop Editor by clicking on the bars/beats header.
Changes in v1.2.3
- Support for ASIO devices.
- Bugfix for a bug that would prevent MIDI loops with SysEx events to be properly quantized.
- Added Volume modulation graph in Loop Editor.
- Better Loop Editor (new maximize button, improved graphs, audition with pitch/volume modulations, etc…).
- Repeat | Till the end » option when cloning a loop.
- Corrected a bug where the recording cursor was not appearing when arming a track for recording.
- Other small corrections/improvements.
Changes in v1.1
- Reduced CPU consumption when idle.
- Bugfix for a bug that was affecting proper quantization in some cases
- Resizable Loop Editor
- Increased volume range on in-built instruments
- Paste now copies a loop of the same duration as the one copied
- Paste now copies a quantized loop and not just the original
- Bugfix for a bug with audio tracks spreading on a large number of bars.
- Saves the track plugin parameters in the song file
- Shift-Drag loop border increases/decreases loop without stretching/condensing its notes.
- New Repeat x times option to repeat a loop
- New option to make quantization of a loop permanent
- Added Sound Engines tab in Options panel